A very simple and easy salad to mix up and best of all it is high in protein but low in calories. This salad is very versatile so feel free to get creative and use any leftovers you have to bulk it up, I’ve played around with apples, cucumber, raisins and anything else I fancy.
- 170 grams cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup of roasted slivered almonds
- 3 shallots sliced/use green part as well
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or coriander
- 151 grams greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 celery sticks sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well… eat on spinach leaves, kale, in lettuce cups, in a sandwich or just on its own.
Below is something I tried out on sliced cucumber rounds to serve for guests, as a snack and for the little people.