This recipe is wonderful for both children and adults. Perfect for your lunchbox… They are yummy either hot or warm for lunch, dinner or just a snack. Try variations, such as roast pumpkin with feta and chives or spinach and ricotta… anything you fancy can go into these savoury muffins.
- 2 ready-rolled sheets puff pastry
- 150 g ham, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
2. Cut each sheet of pastry into six squares
3. Press squares into lightly greased non-stick muffin pans, trim tops if desired. Sometimes I leave the pastry over hanging for a rustic look (plus I love pastry!)
4. Divide ham, tomatos and chives between the pastry bases.
5. Put ricotta, parmesan, eggs, yoghurt, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk together.
6. Pour this mixture over ham and tomatoes and bake for 12-15 minutes until a lovely golden colour, I like the pastry nice and crispy but be careful not to over do them because the mixture may turn a bit rubbery.