This recipe gives plain old couscous a bit of zing and style and also works well with quinoa to make an even heartier salad. Feel free to add whatever herbs, vegetable and salad items you have in your fridge as well.
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 tsp of vegetable stock powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
1. Add vegetable stock to the boiling water and pour over couscous in a bowl.
2. Cover, leave for 5-8 minutes
3. Fluff with a fork
Green Herb Paste
- 2 cups of soft herbs (my favourites are coriander and parsley)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Add the herbs, chilli, salt and garlic to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finally chopped.
2. Add the olive oil in a smooth stream and continue to whiz until you have a smooth paste…
3. Pour this over your couscous and continue to fluff with a fork… the green colour is so lush and vibrant, giving the couscous a whole new look!
4. I’ve then added peas, shredded baby cos, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and red onion however you can add anything from rocket and avocado to zucchini, pumpkin and roasted sunflower seeds.
Tip: For a non-vegan dish, layer smoked salmon, dollop of greek yoghurt and scattered roasted slivered almonds on top of the couscous then drizzle with caramelised balsamic makes an impressive looking and tasty eating meal!