This is a great recipe to pack for a work lunch, picnic or for children’s lunch boxes.
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeded and gated
- 100 grams natural yoghurt
- Squeeze of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 4 sheets lavash or other flat bread
- 1 – 2 cups of baby spinach leaves
1. Sprinkle the grated cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Leave for 10 minutes, then drain.
2. Mix cucumber with the yoghurt, lemon juice and mint. Season.
3. Flatten the chicken thigh fillets with a mallet or rolling pin, season and sprinkle with paprika.
4. Grill the fillets for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
5. Lay out the lavash breads and place a large amount of spinach leaves on each. Spread each with one quarter of the tzatziki, then top with sliced chicken.
6. Roll up, folding one end closed. Wrap each in baking paper to serve (sometimes I cut them in half to have dainty rolls and they are easier for children to eat too).
Makes 4 wraps