- 155 grams (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 90 grams butter, roughly chopped
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) grated vintage cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes
- 1 egg yolk
1. Process the flour, mustard and butter until they resemble fine bread crumbs.
2. Add the cheese and chilli, then the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water, and process until the mixture comes together. Gather into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 5mm thickness and cut into 4cm rounds.
5. Place on lightly greased baking trays and bake for 15- 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool.
These are even better when accompanied with a glass of Champagne!