This vegan dessert is so simple and easy to make, you won’t believe how delicious it is. It only requires very few steps. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s quick to make and you can control the amount of sweetness by adjusting the amount of syrup.
Serves 4 (or if you like 2 bigger servings)
- 3 tps of corn flour
- 1 cup of rice milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Maple syrup
- A fresh punnet of your favourite berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries – or a mix of all of them. I used roasted rhubarbs.)
- Combine corn flour, rice milk and coconut milk in a saucepan. Stir until corn flour is well incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Bring stove to medium heat and mix with a whisk for 8-10mins or until mixture has a thick, gluggy consistency. (Tip: Don’t leave the stove. Keep stirring, otherwise the milk will catch at the bottom and may burn).
- Whilst mixing, add maple syrup (to taste)
- Pour into 4 little ramekins or 2 bowls and add berries on top. Also drizzle as much maple syrup as you like.
You can eat this dessert warm, or if you prefer a colder leave in the fridge to chill.
Canna Campbell is the founder and director of SASS Financial Services, a boutique financial planning firm. She is Channel 9’s exclusive ‘money expert’, founder of financial media platform SugarMamma.TV and best selling author of The $1000 Project and Mindful Money.