These BALLS are an absolute winner in our house. Our kids love them, they are simple to make and are ready pretty quick smart.
You can use the big batch Napoli sauce in this recipe or whip them up with the one below.
I often double the quantity of chicken mix so that the kids can take some extra balls in their lunch boxes.
This quantity is enough for 2 filling serves or 4 lighter meals.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 400g tin of cherry tomatoes (or just use diced)
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 & ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (set half a cup aside for rolling!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 & ½ cup grated cheese (set half a cup aside for topping)
- Pre heat your oven to 180C and line a baking dish with a silicone
mat or baking paper.
- Put aside 2 tablespoons of cheese then place chicken mince,
cheese, egg and ¼ panko breadcrumbs in a bowl. Mix well.
- On a plate put the rest of the breadcrumbs, roll the chicken mix
into balls and roll in the bread crumbs. Pop the balls on the tray and
bake for approx 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray a pan with olive oil and add the onions, garlic,
carrots and zucchini cook to soften then stir in the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes to reduce the mix then taste and season with salt & pepper.
- Remove the balls from the oven and top the with tomato mix and
the cheese you put aside. Bake for a further 5 minutes and serve.
For more recipes or to connect with Claire, please click the links below!